Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sew, Sew

After analysing my Christmas Wishlist and crossing off the "no" things my hubby finally bought me something.... A sewing machine! Yes my sewing abilities (or lack of) have been the butt of many jokes for years, but I'm hitting back at the haters, I'm going to teach myself to sew! First attempt at actually sewing something will be a wrap skirt (a pattern I bought off ebay) other things to attempt will be patching hubby's work jeans and turning a pair of very baggy 3/4 gaucho type pants into a pair of shorts. I'm hoping to also be creative enough to turn some thrifted not so nice clothes into "wow" clothes! I think with patience and advice I should be able to achieve this. I also have a plan of making my own dress for a wedding next October (and we also have the company directors visiting from England so I could wear it for both those occasions - providing they are not on the same weekend....).

So you know the machine is a Janome Sewist 625E and we bought it on sale for $449 reduced from $749.

Wish me luck!!

Sorry no OOTD pics today...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the sewing machine...I couldn't live without mine..I love sewing but not really into sewing clothes...Khris in Sth Aus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sewing, have been from as long as I remember. If you have a passion for it as much as I do, you don't need any luck, just some restraint as fabric buying can be compulsive, but hey it's enjoyable. Here is a link that has some helpful adivise on sewing.
    http://sew-whats-new.com/

    ReplyDelete