Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Greetings!

Hello all!

Just a short introduction before I get into the nuts and bolts about what I would like to achieve with this blog.

 I am a 26 year old SAHM (Stay At Home Mum) to 2 gorgeous girls and have been married to my teenage sweetheart for 5.5years and together for 10! We live in country NSW (Australia) on the farm where my husband is employed.

As we live so far out of town 55km to our nearest large center (the one with decent shopping!), I find that I tend to frump around the house in jeans or trakkies and a crappy top. Or even spend half the day in my pyjamas! This is not the only reason for the drabness... I am a plus sized mum and for some reason I can't bring myself to spend money on clothes when I dream of dropping some Kg's and spending a fortune on a revamped wardobe! It's sad I know, but that is the mindset I have let myself get into. A discussion on Kerry-Anne this morning made me feel very relieved, it seems I'm not the only one in the world hanging on to their smaller sized clothes in the hope of getting back down to their "dream" size. Mine happens to be a 12-14 and the top shelf of my wardobe is full of clothes I honestly haven't worn for 6 years! 6 YEARS!!!!! Yet I cannot bring myself to Ebay them or send them to the op-shop when I want nothing more to wear them again! So of course as a result I am on yet another diet in the hopes of this being able to happen. Of course just fitting into clothes isn't the only reason I want to drop 30kg. We are also TTC (Trying to conceive) baby #3 and I was a size 16 with my first and a size 18-20 with my second. I always said that I didn't want my last pregnancy to be "frumpy" and unhealthy so here I am doing my darndest to prevent that from happening.

What is my style, you might ask? In a nutshell I don't really know! I love vintage, the cute and the kitsch, my fave brand is RMW (RM Williams - my country roots) but I am getting a kick out of Rockabilly too.... My wardrobe is a mish-mash of styles, I guess not much that I really "Love" but rather stuff that suits my shape and that I don't spend a fortune on. What a sad state of affairs my half of the wardobe is. Completely lacking in inspiration...

Anyway, here is the crux... what do I want to get out of this blog?

Inspiration
Motivation
A place to vent
Perhaps it might entice me to get dolled up, even at home!

Not sure what else really! I guess I'll be throwing in how I'm going with the old diet and exercise as well as posting pics of the odd outfit I've thrown together!

Time will tell if I have anything intersting or worthwhile to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment